North Ridge Community School is a special school catering for children with severe learning difficulties. Only Doncaster LA is able to decide who is eligible for a place in this school. Neither the Headteacher, nor their representatives, are able to offer a school place.
To be considered for admission, combinations of the following indicators will be evident:
- Normally age 3 to 19
- Have a Educational Health and Care Plan or Statement of Special Educational Needs naming the school placement
- Significant learning difficulties across at least two areas of development
- Development such that parents are not confident that a mainstream school can respond effectively to meet needs
- Requires high level of support to structure their learning and/or development of social skills
- Referrals for admission to North Ridge Community School will arise from a pupil’s Educational Health and Care Plan or Statement of Special Education Needs or Annual Review recommendations agreed by the Local Authority where North Ridge Community School is named.
- Decisions regarding naming a school on a statement are a matter for the Local Authority.
- Admissions will be co-ordinated by the SEN Manager. Parents will have been consulted throughout the process of naming North Ridge Community School on their child’s statement. They have the right to appeal to the SEN & Disability Tribunal (which is an independent body) if they disagree with the proposals made by the Local Authority.
- Parents / carers will need to contact the Local Authority to find out about the procedures for admissions at North Ridge Community School as shown below.
Further, more detailed information about the admission please contact the DMBC Special Needs Department at:
Learning and Opportunities Children and Young People
Telephone number: 01302 737209 / 737210 / 737211
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm
Fax number: 01302 737342